If you’re attending the peer group, you will be expected to adhere to these guidelines. We’re all adults but sometimes we need a bit of a reminder of what is and isn’t acceptable. Below are some guidelines and reminders:
- Phones are to be on silent or switched off whilst people are sharing their work.
- Treat people as you would like to be treated. Please be sensitive when asking questions/making statements about people’s work or ideas. Due to the nature of the group’s focus, a large number of people are presenting very personal works and may also feel anxious at sharing them with a group of people.
- Refreshments are provided but please do not get up and make a cup of tea etc whilst someone is sharing their work.
- Presentation slots are only 20 minutes long so please make your comments/questions relevant to the topic. There is time at the end of the session (and sometimes at the pub) to bring up other subjects. Or share on the forum.
- The emphasis in this group is peer support and learning, meaning it’s just as important to give and share as it is to take. The spirit of the group is to support and lift one another up.
- If you would like something shared with the group via the mailing list please send directly to Daniel. Re-caps are sent a few days after the group, reminders for the next group are sent approximately a week before the next group.
- Please have a spirit of responsibility: wash up & dry your cups, stack your chair if needed when tidying up.